Explore the Crazy House

Monday, October 27, 2014

The Walking Dead - First Two Episodes - SPOILER ALERT!

Okay, here's your warning now. If you haven't watched the last two weeks of The Walking Dead there WILL be spoilers ahead! WARNING! SPOILERS! WARNING! SPOILERS!




You've been warned, therefore, if you continue to read do not come whining to me!

Let's talk about the level of violence and gore in this season, shall we? Hellooooo? The freaking trough to catch the blood when they systematically cut the victims' throats? Yeah, I giggled, but only because I knew it wasn't real. No really. Seriously! I'm not morbid or anything, I just love some decent gore, violence, and action in my television shows and movies.

Now, when I saw this scene...
I seriously started getting pissy. I knew they wouldn't kill Daryl; every female viewer would've stormed the damn network. However, having Bob and Glenn in the scene I was scared one of them would go. But, did you notice the connection at the end of the row of males?

Don't get all squeamish. If you're reading this post you're a fan and watch Talking Dead, too! You know how they achieved that!

That's the hippy guy from last season, the whom Rick gave his watch to. Ahhhh, ringing a bell now isn't it? I should also tell you that is the actor who will be playing The Penguin in the new Gotham. So, Rick's long last pal (mild sarcasm) gets it - and how freaking awful was the sound of that bat hitting the back of their heads - and they finally come to Glenn. I really didn't think they were going to kill him. It's just too early for any major characters to bite it yet.

On to the major characters. Has there EVER been a better reunion than Carol and Daryl?
Anyone who doesn't think Daryl is madly in love with that woman is INSANE! Yeah, I've heard some theory that he's gay...PUH LEASE!!! He's CRAZY about that grey haired bad ass! Hell, do you remember this episode?
Even something as small as back when he was searching for Sophia day in and day out. Of course, Daryl Dixon is a very loyal man with a big heart, but that heart has DEFINITELY been stolen by Carol Peletier! Okay, so I've gotten a little carried away with the Caryl thing! lol

Anyway, on to October 19th's episode.

I know I'm not the only one doing the side eye at this Reverend. I don't care how good hearted you are, or how long you've been barricaded in a church, at some point in the year and a half to two years since the outbreak you've learned how to kill a damn Walker! You had to at some point toughened up and gotten some Rhino skin! But not this guy, oh no. He's still shaking in his priest collar every time one comes near and about pees himself when that woman - his wife, perhaps? - shows up in the food pantry.

Oh, and did Rick call it the first episode or what? Did he not say none of the Termites deserve to live? Instead, they're still out there eating people, have taken and begun to eat sweet Bob, and wasn't that the dude Tyreese supposedly killed in the background?

You can go watch that end scene again here.

That was, by far, one of the most messed up final scenes! Yeah, the whole Lizzie thing got me, but at least we had a few minutes to catch our breath before the credits began to roll!

That's all we'll talk about for today! It's currently Sunday at 11:44am CTD, so we won't be adding anymore about tonight's episode. There are some who won't be able to watch until Monday and I SO don't want to be the one to ruin any surprises for them!

I gotta know, am I the only one who giggles nervously through the majorly gory scenes? 

No comments:

Post a Comment