Explore the Crazy House

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

It's time for pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING!

It is now moving toward the end of October and I find myself already thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas. The thing is I HATE the cold, but I absolutely ADORE the holidays! I'm the female version of Clark Griswold; you know, I'm always trying to make it perfect but screw everything up.

Come September I always switch the scents in my plug in thingies. In the fall and winter I always use cinnamon apple scents. In fact, when we walked into a Pier One Imports once my son said "It smells like fall in here," because they had this huge pine cone display already. Guess I'm not screwing up as badly as I thought if he's already equating smells to home and times of the year.

This year I've had a thing for pumpkin. Not so much the pumpkin scents, as those tend to be too sweet, but pumpkin flavored everything! Now, having said that, I live in a small, rural Missouri town. We have two tiny grocery stores, but if you want something "fancy", like pesto (no kidding. There is none around here), you'll have to drive upwards of twenty-five minutes or more. It's what we call "going into town". So what is the point of telling you this? Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer. I wanted some and could not find a single bottle. Of course, I hadn't driven "into town" yet, but surely even farmers like pumpkin flavored stuff.

Here's the thing-not only could I not find any pumpkin flavored creamer, I couldn't find pumpkin flavored anything. Seriously. Nothing at all. Isn't this the time of year where we're bombarded with pumpkins?




I mean, come on! There are memes made specifically for this time of year! Do you realize I was looking for something with pumpkin flavor since the end of September? Seriously! Well, yesterday this happened....

Yep, my darling husband brought me home creamer AND pumpkin cookies. I highly recommend both, by the way! The creamer tastes like you're eating pumpkin pie, and the cookies are just yum yum goodness!

The husband stopped by a large chain grocery store on his way home. Today, when going to our small town grocery store for a few basics, I came across this...
Yep, they finally stocked some. Oh, and it's way cheaper than the name brands. Oh well, at least I know where to get some peppermint mocha in December.


Do you have a must have during the various seasons? Do you switch out the scents, or flavors for each holiday?


No comments:

Post a Comment